We love instagram and in homage to all the beautiful images that have inspired us along the way, we’ve put together a list of our top eight favourite instagrammers to follow. From stylists to photographers to our favourite mags, here they are:
- @meghan_plowman: Meghan is one of those stylists that stands out a mile from the rest. She’s a photographer too, and her feed is a stunning collection of scandi style snaps - think #nordic #minimal #grey #neutral #geometric #natural
- @mr_jason_grant: our favourite Bondi local and stylist/author about town has one of the happiest insta feeds we’ve come across. It’s full of bright colours, local bondi snaps, on shoot sneak peeks and updates on all the shops and brands Jason loves. A must follow.
- @sarah_ellison_stylist: Another super stylist and style editor for Real Living mag, we can always count on Sarah’s feed for plenty of styling and colour inspo. We love her eye for detail and the lady knows how to work a colour palette like no-body else.
- @francoisebaudet: Francoise is an architecture and design photographer based in Sydney, and shares beautifully simple but fresh images of really interesting spaces and products.
- @mccartneyk: Karen Mccartney is THE design guru of our time. As long term fans of all things Karen has been involved with - from her brilliant architecture books to her work in founding InsideOut magazine, it's only natural we love everything Karen shares from her insta feed too.
- @girl_and_graaf: Our Bondi road neighbours stock unique travel-inspired lifestyle products from all over the globe, and have a beautiful insta feed full of inspiring travel and styling images.
- @yellowtrace: Yellowtrace is our number one go-to for updates on all things design, from new venues to new products to design personalities of the moment from all over the globe.
- @habitusliving: This is the insta for one of our favourite design mags, Habitus.
For updates from the yb team, including store and product news and plenty of design inspo, follow our Instagram here: @yellowbungalow
All the best for your home,
the yb team
There’s no denying we love a bit of indoor greenery, and we’re always on the hunt for interesting plants to freshen up our store and home. Finding the perfect vase or pot plant is just the half of it; the size, shape, colour and smell of what goes inside can make a big impact on the overall feel of your living spaces.
Here’s our top five favourite indoor plants, along with some of our tips we’ve learned along the way for keeping them alive longer than a week….
We have all five of these greens brightening up the store at the moment, along with some beautiful vases and pot plants to house them in. Drop in to see our range, and have a chat about the best places to buy these plants in Sydney.
- AGAVE: Hailing from Mexico, these robust succulents will last a lifetime when kept in fresh water in a jar or vase. Their interesting shape adds energy to living spaces in need of a pick-me-up.
- SILVER DROP EUCALYPTUS: Best displayed in a glass vase or beaker full of water, these silvery green leaves emit a beautifully fresh and zesty aroma.
- JADE: Like Agave, Jade plants are pretty much impossible to kill - and can survive in just water or potted in soil. Our favourite way to display jade is taking a small cutting from a bigger tree and housing in quirky glass beakers and tubes.
- MONSTERA: Monstera leaves look perfect in tall glass vases, and live FOREVER; change the water on a weekly basis and it may well just live as long as you. We have had one in store for six months now and it hasn't aged a day.
- FIDDLE LEAF FIG: How could we leave this little guy off the list? A forever favourite, this beauty is the darling of indoor greenery. Spray or flick leaves with a dash of water weekly, and polish with a dry cloth to remove any dust.
All the best for your home,
the yb team
Images via The Design Files, Trendenser, Justin Blakeney, Kinfolk, Old Brand New, Luisa Brimble, Zulu & Zephyr
Finding mum a gift to say thanks for being awesome can be tricky. So, we've curated a beautiful collection of Mother's Day goodies that she will appreciate much more than a petrol station-bought card and flowers. From locally hand-poured soy candles, to soft cotton throws and great design books, here's our top ten...
- These awesome magnets from Germany add a sense of design to the kitchen. Great colours, and endless entertainment. $19.
- This stylish timber and ceramic based lamp is great for adding a Scandi feel to any room. 25W x 59H cm. Also available in a white base with white shade, $149.
- Telling the time never looked so good, with this mint and oak framed oversized clock. Also available in white and slate, $69.95.
- This pail vase has a timeless shape, and its wide brim makes it perfect for flowers and succulents of all shapes. 20cm high, $59.
- The movida vase is a classic white geometric design guaranteed to mix in with any style decor. Extremely versatile and practical, this ceramic vase makes the perfect gift.10.5cm diameter x 18cm high, $49.
- Hand poured in Woollahra, these delicious double wick soy candles are available in six different scents. 80+ hour burn time, $45.
- Add some danish design to your living space with this grey geometric vase from bloomingville. Available in light and dark grey, in small and bowl sizes, from $59.
- This streamlined set of bamboo rim weave baskets will nest when not needed and provide you with extra storage whenever the opportunity arises.
Available in black or white, in small, medium or large, from $39.
- Design books make great gifts for design lovers, and this book is as good as they come, providing an in depth look into the stories, dreams and strategies developed for a range of residential projects, $95.
- Our 100% cotton throws are beautifully soft and the perfect size for throwing over a bed or snuggling up with on the sofa. Available in two designs, Anders or Night Mist, they measure 130 x 170cm and are $139 each.
This top 10 is just the start of what we have available for mums, visit us in-store or our online store to discover our full range.
Now it’s getting cooler, we’re embracing our favourite lazy weekend activity on a whole new level – curling up on the sofa with throw and tea, and spending hours on Pinterest and Instagram collecting inspiration for our store and home. It would be selfish to keep all the loveliness sitting on our desktop, so we thought we’d share our top ten favourite living spaces we’ve stumbled across this month…
Via Hanna’s Room, Remodelista, Yellowtrace, HomeAdore, JoyCotton, sfgirlbybay, NestTogether, Decor8
Get in touch if you love anything you see, and we’ll do our best to source you a match through our network of talented designers and friends. And, join our yellow bungalow family network here to receive store news updates, including new products, new designers, store events and offers.
Yes, its really autumn, even tho we are still able to spend our weekends at the beach, its time to turn our attention to nesting at home when the weather turns cooler. Luckily team YB plan ahead!.
Here's a short list of some new arrivals, guaranteed to make your home cosy.
Orange Geometric cushion: $65
Anders cotton knitted throw: $139
Yellow origami cushion: $65
Yellow oak side table: $295
If you are looking for something unique for your home, let us know! we offer a free sourcing service for one off products, and with access to hundreds of designs through multiple suppliers we can help narrow down your choices.
All the best for you home.